Open Faced Mushroom, Scallion, and Egg Sandwich
Ah, mushrooms. I have recently found my love for mushrooms. I used to despise them! Wouldn’t even go near them! Trust me, if my 10 year old self came and saw that I was eating them I would get a funny look and a lecture. Now, I can’t imagine not incorporating them into some of my recipes! I still can’t eat them raw yet! ( Yuck!) But, sauteed with onions, garlic, and olive oil….divine. I came up with this idea to upgrade the traditional mushroom omelet and make into something…different. And voila! This sandwich was born!
Topped on a toasted multigrain bagel is sauteed-to-perfection mushrooms, fresh goat cheese, an over medium egg, and scallions! It came out great and I wouldn’t share it with you otherwise!
1/2 of a multigrain bagel
2 large baby bella mushrooms rinsed and sliced
1 oz of fresh goat cheese ( or substitue for swiss cheese if goat cheese isn’t your thing)
1 chopped scallion
1 cooked egg over medium
- Saute mushrooms on med heat in a small skillet for roughly 5 minutes
- Toast the bagel half.
- Once mushrooms are done, place on top of toasted bagel half and top with cheese to melt.
- Cook egg in same pan until done
- Place egg on top of mushrooms and cheese
- Top with scallions
- To make this portable: Place toasted bagel half in separate baggy or container
, Place mushrooms, cheese, egg in another microwavable container, when ready to eat heat up mushrooms and egg in microwave and place on bagel half.