Zoodle Pasta Salad!!
I promise I am working on getting all my posts up!! I’ve been very much under the weather this past week or so and I am now ready to reveal this recipe that I am so excited about!!!
Zoodle Pasta Salad is the perfect picnic dish!! It will go great outdoors and to serve at your next cookout!!
I LOVE recreating my favorite comfort food recipes into low carb ones!!
– 3 large zucchini
– cherry tomatoes
– several slices turkey pepperoni ( OPTIONAL!)
– 2 slices cooked turkey bacon
– 1 cucumber sliced and halved
– 1 tbs unsalted butter
– 1 tbs white whole wheat flour
– 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1 1/4 cup fat free half n half
– 3 Laughing Cow cheese wedges ( light Swiss) but another flavor would work too!
– 3 tbs fresh shredded Parmesan
1. Prep the zucchinis with a Spiralizer or mandolin.
2. Put Zoodles, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and turkey bacon in large serving bowl and set aside.
3. In a sauce pan heat butter and make sure it covers bottom of pan.
4. Add flour and cayenne pepper until it absorbs butter.
5. Add half n half and stir until thoroughly combined and beginning to thicken.
6. Add Laughing cow and Parmesan to sauce pan until melted and smooth.
7. Let sauce cool for a few minutes.
8. Toss sauce with zoodles and serve immediately!!
9. Sadly, I have found out that once Zoodles are mixed with any sauce it does not keep well in fridge and will become soggy. So if you are not ready to serve. Keep raw veggies and sauce separate until ready to serve.
I served mine picnic style with baked chicken tenders and red grapes!!