Whole30 Week 2
Whole30 Week 2: I can see clearly now
The rain is gone…yea you know the rest. I have successfully completed 2 whole weeks on the Whole30 and I feel GREAT. No more headaches or fatigue I experienced in the first few days. I am getting that “burst of energy” everyone on the Whole30 forum keeps talking about. And I am no longer hungry in between meals.
Things I am learning on this journey:
– Now that I have flushed all of the bad processed foods out of my system, I am in awe of how my body feels. I no longer feel bloated, tired at 3:00PM ( even after doing Crossfit at 5:00AM), and it has me questioning my whole relationship with food my whole life. Like, “ Have I seriously missed out on feeling this good because I wanted pizza???” I am pretty much 100% on this lifestyle and plan to continue being Paleo after the 30 days.
– My efforts in and out of the gym are becoming noticeably different than last week. Last week my legs felt like lead and I was EXHAUSTED after our WODs.( more so than normal). And basically I just wanted to take a nap…but alas there is not a duplicate of me to go to the office…This past week however I managed to accomplish a few things that stunned myself:
- I did my first series of (banded) pullups. I did like 5 in a row and was smiling ear to ear!
- I had my first Front Squat experience and I PR’d at 125lbs!!! I was like “SAY WHAT?!”
- I ran, and I didn’t feel like a turtle stuck in molasses. J
- And even today we did 45# weighted front bridges for as long as we could hold it…we got to 6 minutes and it was a tie between Billy and I and the coach made us stop. I couldn’t feel my ass for the next half hour. So worth it.
- Oh, and been practicing my hand stands! 🙂
– My skin looks prettier. Seriously. I have never had much of a skin problem but now it has some sort of glow and I love it!
– Planning is everything. I have said it before on the blog, but it is even more critical during this challenge to MEAL PREP! Chop veggies on the weekend, grill up some chicken, shred some cauliflower, roast spaghetti squash, or let your crockpot do the work.
– I don’t want bread anymore. Bread is a trigger food for me. I’m a carb loader and once I start it’s hard to stop. I think this challenge has taught me to see that I don’t need it. It’s not necessary. In fact, bread made me HUNGRIER than before I put it in my mouth. So, I will say this to you bread: It’s not me, it’s you and we are so over.
– My clothes are beginning to look nicer on me. This past weekend I started cleaning out my closet and drawers and I literally tried on every pair of pants/jeans in my drawer and they all fit with extra room! I even got into a pair my husband bought me for Christmas that I couldn’t even pull up!
I am excited to see where I am at next week!
Here is what I ate this week:
I like to make 2-3 different types of breakfasts so I don’t get bored. I use leftovers from dinner as lunch. And I cook dinner 4-5 nights a week (because I love cooking!)
Spinach Egg Nests
Sweet Potato “toast” with avocado and 2 eggs
2 hard-boiled eggs with roasted veggies
And Bullet proof coffee: 1 cup coffee, 2 tbs coconut milk, 1 tsp coconut oil (blended)
2 pork sausage patties on lettuce with cut up veggies and a apple almond sandwich (got the idea from Nom Nom Paleo)
Lunch meal prep for tomorrow!!! 2 #homemade sausage patties on a bed of butter lettuce, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes, and an apple almond butter-wich!!! 😁😁😁💚💚💚 #laptoplunches @laptoplunches #lowcarb #paleo #whole30 #whole30challenge #whole30lunch @justins #locallygrown #ifitfitsyourmacros #iifym #foodporn #eat #eatclean #eatrealfood #eatforabs #crossfitnutrition #healthy #healthfood #healthyfats #healthyfoodie
Grilled Chicken Salad with Paleo Ranch made from homemade mayo! Yes! I was SUPER proud of myself for making homemade mayo! The first time it was a big oily mess!
A photo posted by Amanda (@thekitcheneer) on
Spaghetti Squash with turkey meatballs in homemade marinara sauce
Badass Bowls from Performance Paleo Cookbook- SO GOOD
Herb Crusted Steak with cauliflower mash and broccoli
Grilled Pork Chops with green beans and a sliced apple
As far as grocery lists go here is what mine looked like this week:
Baby Spinach x2
Head of cauliflower
Romaine Lettuce x2
Roma Tomatoes x6
Grass fed beef chuck
Larabars (Lemon) x3
Natural Uncured Beef Hotdogs (Applegate)
Yellow Mustard (I was out)
Organic Raw Pumpkin Seeds
No sugar added coconut chips
Apple cider vinegar ( I take a shot or two of this daily)
Eggsx2 ( I go through SO much eggs now!)
Unsweetened canned coconut milk x3
We also stock up monthly on meats so I usually have chicken breasts, ground turkey, and flank steak on hand. Great money saver too!
For a great grocery list go to Whole30
Get the Latest Updates!
Get a FREE Whole30 7 Day Meal Plan when you sign up!