Paleo Chickfila Recipe
I have been dreaming of doing this copycat recipe for a long time now and I am so excited to share with you now. Jake and I have a history at Chickfila. We actually met in front of one of their locations in our college cafeteria! So every year on September 3rd we have a Chickfila date and split a fry. We are dorks.
But I wanted to paleofy this recipe to fit in my way of living. I used avocado oil instead of peanut oil, and almond meal instead of flour. I used gluten-free buns for those who wanted them and I put my chicken on a bed of greens! I like to pile on the vegetables after that and add more pickles to my salad! 😉
We both loved this recipe and believe this might start to be a weekly staple in our house!
And did I mention this is another easy recipe to whip up tonight? Simply saute the chicken in the avocado oil until cooked through, serve with a sweet potato, and eat it up however you like it! On a bun, in a wrap, or on a bed of greens like me! Either way you choose will be tasty!
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5g
- Sugar: .6g
- Sodium: 204mg
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 16g
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise (you should have 4 equal sized pieces of chicken)
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ½ cup of pickle juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbs of avocado oil
- ⅓ cup of almond meal
- Mix milk, pickle juice, salt, pepper and pour into a gallon ziploc bag
- Put chicken in the liquid, seal tight and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Take chicken out and place on plat next to bowl of almond meal
- Add oil to a skillet with a high rim ( you don't want to get burned!)
- Heat oil on medium heat
- Dredge chicken in almond meal and place in skillet
- Cook chicken for about 6 minutes per side or until cooked through ( should be a nice golden brown)
- Place cooked chicken on a plate lined with paper towels and serve with a bun or on a salad to keep it Paleo/Whole30
- Note: Depending on what kind of "dragon" you have during a Whole30 this recipe might be considered a SWYPO recipe with the salad option. I usually steer clear of all breaded things normally and am not addicted to the stuff. Like some people can be addicted to sugar. Basically, it's a judgement call.
Get the Latest Updates!
Get a FREE Whole30 7 Day Meal Plan when you sign up!