- - 3/4 lb shrimp ( fresh or frozen)
- - 1 tbs Cajun seasoning
- - 4 tbs unsalted butter softened
- - zest of 1 lemon
- - 1 eggplant spiralized or julienned
- - 1 can of roasted chickpeas
- - 1 diced tomato
- - 3 cloves of minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and dry off with a paper towel as much as possible.
- Pour chickpeas on a baking sheet and spray them with cooking spray and bake in oven for 30 minutes. ( as one of my wonderful readers suggested, you can toss the garlic in with the chickpeas for a boosted garlic flavor!!)
- While the chickpeas are roasting, prepare the Cajun lemon butter.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the Cajun seasoning, lemon zest, garlic, and butter until smooth.
- Try to wait until the last moment to spiralize the eggplant as it is wary to oxygen and will start to brown as soon as it is cut.
- To spiralize an eggplant, cut both ends off and slice entire eggplant in half width wise.
- Spiralize each half. It is tricky as it has soft flesh. Just keep it steady and push it firmly as you crank the spiralizer. I promise it's worth it! ( I went with blade B)
- In a large skillet melt butter blend on medium heat.
- Sauté shrimp in the butter and let them absorb all that goodness!
- Toss the eggplant noodles in the skillet for 3 minutes to allow it to absorb remaining seasonings.
- Add the tomato and chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Serving Size: 4