The best fall Maple Bourbon Bacon Burger is a MUST for this season's menu! Juicy venison burgers are topped with caramelized apple onions, crispy bacon, and a maple bourbon BBQ sauce. It's the ultimate burger to grill out for the game, for a quick weeknight dinner, or just because you want a REALLY good burger! The perfect addition to your list of outdoor recipes!
For the burgers
3 Venison Burger patties (I used The Honest Bison) or 1lb of 85% fat ground beef
Cooked bacon (not optional)
White cheddar slices (optional)
For the SAUCE
2 tbs grassfed butter
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tbs dijon mustard
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tbs coconut sugar
1/4 cup of bourbon
1/4 cup of apple cider
For the caramelized onions
2 tbs grassfed butter
1 large sweet onion, sliced thin
3/4 cup apple cider
Buns, lettuce wraps, bed of greens (youre the boss!)
- Preheat the grill to 350F. Place premade patties on the grill to cook. (About 8-10 minutes. For venison I like to take it off the grill around 140F for a medium cook (pink in middle).
- While, the burgers cook, make the BBQ sauce by adding all sauce ingredients MINUS THE BOURBON in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat until it is simmering (about 5 minutes). Take pan off heat and stir in the bourbon. Simmer the sauce a little bit more to cook off the alcohol. (about 3 more minutes)
- Take burgers off the grill and add cheese (if using). Allow to rest while you caramelize the onions.
- Caramelize the onions on medium-high heat in a pan with the butter and apple cider. Key here is to use a large skillet to allow room for the onions caramelize properly and to stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Assemble the burgers and serve! I highly recommend making some crispy sweet potato fries as a side!
You may substitute these burgers for any you have available! But I HIGHLY recommend anything from The Honest Bison. You know I don't talk about brands unless I use and love them personally and I have been cooking with The Honest Bison meat selections for YEARS and the quality is UNREAL.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bourbon bacon burger, bacon burger, fall burger recipe, maple bacon burger, burger with white cheddar