Creamiest, cheesiest, gooiest macaroni and cheese. Plus the easiest!
This better for you nostalgic favorite will have your whole family lining up to try cauliflower! TRUST ME. Plus a little pancetta to add some bacon flavor...it's amazing and DONE in the Instant Pot in 3 minutes!
- 4oz pancetta
- 1 tbs ghee or grass fed butter
- 1 cup of milk of choice (i used lactose-free or oat milk)
- 4 oz of shredded cheddar
- 1 oz of white cheddar
- 1 tbs arrowroot powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 2 packages of frozen cauliflower gnocchi ( I use Trader Joe's)
DAIRY FREE SAUCE (if you want to go even healthier and lactose free!)
In a blender combine:
2 cups water or dairy free milk
3 carrots, diced and peeled
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/3 cup raw cashews
Blend on high until smooth
- Set Instant Pot in SAUTE mode. When it reads HOT add the pancetta, stirring often until crisp (about 3 minutes). Set aside on a plate with paper towels.
- Cancel SAUTE mode. Add milk, cheese, arrow root powder,salt and pepper (or add dairy free sauce at this point). Pour cauliflower gnocchi on top. Set to 3 minutes in MANUAL mode. When the timer goes off release steam (quick release).
- Stir until all cheese sauce is covering the gnocchi. Stir the pancetta back in and serve!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: instant pot, gluten free, cauliflower gnocchi