This unique caprese salad recipe consists of: Bed of arugula and spinach, topped with fresh mozzarella balls, garden basil, crispy prosciutto, tomatoes, olives, and a homemade basil vinaigrette. It's literally an Italian Farmer's Market in a bowl *chef's kiss*.
For the Salad
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of fresh basil
- 4 oz of fresh mozzarella
- 5 pepperocini peppers, thinly sliced
- 12 slices of pepperoni, halved
- 2-3 slices of prosciutto
- 1/2 jar of roasted red peppers
- 10 kalamata olives, sliced
- 10 black olives, sliced
- Pistachios for garnish
For the Basil Vinaigrette
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Make the Basil Vinaigrette: In a food processor, add basil, oil, lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes, vinegar, garlic, and parsley. Pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Crisp the prosciutto: In a small skillet on medium heat cook the prosciutto for about 2 minutes per side (or until crisp).
- Salad: Arrange the greens in a platter and top with the tomatoes, red bell pepper, mozzarella, basil, pepperoni, crispy prosciutto, pepperocini, olives, toss in 4 tbs basil vinaigrette, and top with pistachios. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes roughly 1/2 cup of dressing! Yay for leftovers! Use on other salads, toss in pasta, or use a marinade!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: caprese salad, italian salad, summer salad, basil salad