New potatoes are given a smoky lavender flavor then drizzled with olive oil, smashed, and baked until gold and crispy.
- - 10 new potatoes ( or red potatoes will do nicely as well)
- - 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- - 2 tbs dried or fresh lavender blossoms
- - 2 tbs dried or fresh rosemary
- - salt and pepper
- In a large sauce pan add rinsed potatoes and pour cold water over them ( just enough to cover them completely)
- Add 1 tbs each of lavender and rosemary and bring to a fast boil for about 7-10 minutes ( poke with fork during because you want them soft enough to poke but hard enough so they "smash" right and don't fall apart)
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees.
- Drizzle 1 tbs of olive oil onto a baking sheet ( smear it out to cover more surface area)
- Drain potatoes and place them on a baking sheet.
- With a fork or potato masher press down on each potato and smash it! ( Be careful not to press down too hard or the whole thing will fall apart)
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil on top of potatoes and season with remaining lavender, rosemary. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes ( or until gold and crispy)
- Prep Time: 12
- Cook Time: 20
- Serving Size: 5