- 1 ½ cups of chicken stock
- 1 ½ cup of coconut milk (preferably from can)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of diced red potatoes, peeled
- 1 package of Bilinski’s Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 handfuls of chopped kale
- Fill a large sauce pan with enough water to cover an inch above the potatoes.
- Boil potatoes for approximately 6-7 minutes. You should be able to poke with fork fairly easily but it shouldn’t be cooked through yet.
- Drain potatoes and place back in sauce pan.
- In a skillet, brown sausage then set aside (5 minutes).
- In same skillet on medium heat, add onion and sauté until softened (7 minutes).
- Add garlic and sauté for additional 30 seconds.
- Add onion, garlic, and sausage to sauce pan with potatoes.
- Pour in coconut milk and chicken stock and stir.
- Turn on heat to medium low and bring to a simmer.
- Add spices and turn heat to low with pan partially covered with lid.
- Let simmer for 20 more minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add kale to soup 10 minutes prior to serving
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS:
In SAUTE mode adjust to NORMAL.
Follow steps 4-7 (the potatoes will cook in the IP)
Switch to Manual mode on High for 7 minutes with natural release
Allow soup to cool all the way
Pour soup into freezer safe plastic bag or glass container (leaving room at the top for expansion)
Lay bag flat in freezer.
Will keep for 3 months
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins