- 2 lbs The Honest Bison Ground Venison 2 tsp of pink himalayan salt (OR beef or turkey would work in this chili too!)
- 1 tbs of ground black pepper
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, diced 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1-2 jalapeños, diced
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 cups of chicken of beef stock 3 tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat grill to 200F with the lid closed (10-15 minutes)
- Remove thawed ground venison packages from fridge and allow to come down to room temperature
- While the grill is preheating, crumble the venison on pink butcher paper or on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Loosely mix in salt and pepper.
- From another package of pink butcher paper (highly recommend for smokier flavor) or aluminum foil lined baking sheet add peppers, onion,and lime.
- Place both packages on the grill. Let smoke/cook on low for 2 hours checking in occasionally. After 2 hours, carefully transfer the venison and veggies into a dutch oven.
- Add remaining ingredients to dutch oven and stir until combined.
- Close lid of grill and cook chili for another hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Squeeze smoked lime on finished chili and serve!
- Cook Time: 2 hours