Crispy yet juicy chicken nuggets coated in a sticky, nutty, orange based sauce that is also Whole30 compliant.
FOR THE CHICKEN
2lbs of chicken breast, cut into cubes
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup coconut flour or almond flour
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp onion powder
FOR THE SAUCE
1 tbs sesame oil
5 cloves of garlic
2 tbs almond butter (or any nut butter)
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1 tsp ginger
3/4 cup orange juice
Zest from 1/2 an orange
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbs apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- Prep/Cut the chicken into 1-2" cubes
- Combine flour with ginger and onion powder. Dredge the chicken in egg then flour mixture. Place into air fryer pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray
- Bake at 375F for 15 minutes
- While the chicken cooks make the sauce. In a medium sauce pan, combine all sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Once chicken is done cooking (165F), toss the chicken in the sauce.
- Serve over top of cauliflower rice (or regular rice) and garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
OVEN DIRECTIONS. Follow all directions as above. EXCEPT bake chicken on parchment paper lined baking sheet at 375F for about 20 minutes. EASY PEASY.
Keywords: whole30 chicken recipes, air fryer, chicken recipe, asian inspired