No Stir Bacon Apple Risotto - the PERFECT easy Thanksgiving Dinner side or entree with side of more bacon!
- 4 tbs salted grassfed butter
- 1 package of Bison Bacon
- 4-5 cloves of garlic,minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups of short grain rice
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 6 cups of beef/bone broth
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 6oz of brie
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 tbs honey
- Coat the bacon with honey, rosemary and thyme.
- On medium high heat in a dutch oven or heavy bottomed sauce pan, cook bacon until crisp. About 6-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In same pan, add the butter over medium and allow to brown. Should be a golden color. Add the rice to toast for about 5 minutes. Occasionally stir so rice does not burn
- Add onion, apple, and garlic. Pour wine over top and allow the rice to absorb.
- Pour 5 cups of the broth over the rice and cover. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining cup of broth with the brie. Stir until absorbed and risotto is creamy. VERY IMPORTANT for creamy risotto and only part where stirring is important!
- Break the bacon into pieces and stir back into the risotto and serve.