This No Stir Bacon Apple Risotto is without a doubt the BEST fall comfort food that has been on repeat in out house since I first started testing this recipe!
Browned butter that stubby little short grain rice absorbs along with apple cider, white wine, garlic, onion, plus all the flavors from BACON.
This simple risotto comes together in under an hour and turns out creamy, fluffy, full of fall flavors, and pretty much my kind of comfort food. PLUS it's glutenfree and requires little to no stirring.
Making this SO much easier than your traditional stir-every-5-seconds-risotto.
Which I know would go against Gordon Ramsay's methods....but most days most of us don't have time for stirring risotto for 45 minutes straight!
What makes this recipe so unique is I used Bison Bacon to elevate the flavors to drool--worthy heights.
I also teamed up with my friends at The Honest Bison. I used their AMAZING Bison Bacon in this recipe and you should too!
How this No Stir Risotto comes together
I wanted to make a risotto recipe for some time here on the blog but wanted an easier version. It starts with toasting the rice in golden BROWNED butter, oil, and seasonings. Next we add the wine. (If you do not like cooking with wine just use an equal amount of apple cider or juice).
Pour the broth over and cover for about 15 minutes. TRUST THE PROCESS.
The next is KEY. Add a bit of brie and one more cup of broth. This is the only stirring in this recipe and what makes this risotto creamy and oh so good!
Serve it up with extra bacon like i did.
Or as a great easy side for Thanksgiving dinner.
Perfect hearty fall comfort food FTW!
Other fall favorites:
Whole30 Instant Pot Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Instant Pot Japanese Style Short Rib RamenPrint
No Stir Bacon Apple Risotto
No Stir Bacon Apple Risotto - the PERFECT easy Thanksgiving Dinner side or entree with side of more bacon!
- 4 tbs salted grassfed butter
- 1 package of Bison Bacon
- 4-5 cloves of garlic,minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups of short grain rice
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 6 cups of beef/bone broth
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 6oz of brie
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 tbs honey
- Coat the bacon with honey, rosemary and thyme.
- On medium high heat in a dutch oven or heavy bottomed sauce pan, cook bacon until crisp. About 6-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In same pan, add the butter over medium and allow to brown. Should be a golden color. Add the rice to toast for about 5 minutes. Occasionally stir so rice does not burn
- Add onion, apple, and garlic. Pour wine over top and allow the rice to absorb.
- Pour 5 cups of the broth over the rice and cover. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining cup of broth with the brie. Stir until absorbed and risotto is creamy. VERY IMPORTANT for creamy risotto and only part where stirring is important!
- Break the bacon into pieces and stir back into the risotto and serve.
We are doing this!
YAY! Hope you and the fam LOVE it! <3