Hi! I'm Amanda. Nice to meet you!
I am the voice, author, "engineer" of recipes here on The Kitcheneer and I am SO happy you have found my little corner of the internet!
I started The Kitcheneer WAY back in 2014 as a way to document my favorite healthy recipes and as a journal of my journey with weightloss and relationship with food.
The recipes you will find here have grown with me as I have HEALED my relationship with food. From Whole30s to extreme starvation diets.... I now follow NO DIETS. But wholly believe in the power of real food with little to no processed ingredients. My goal is to help others heal their relationship with food.
I strive to be ROOTED in REALNESS and WELLNESS. Tying the two pieces of the puzzle together:
MINDSET + REAL FOOD = LOVING YOURSELF WELL
Meaning YOU can achieve FREEDOM from diets through mindset, healthy habits, and eating lots of really good REAL food.
I DO NOT believe in depriving yourself of anything (as that can create restrictive patterns in your thoughts) So you will still find pizza, tacos, burgers, and coffee drinks here BUT made with REAL FOOD.
I talk a lot about mindset and building healthy habits WITHOUT dieting and have transitioned to eating MORE plants than I thought possible.
I LOVE FOOD. So you will find in this space fresh, flavorful, and mostly healthy recipes made with real food. It's also food we love to eat! If I wouldn't eat it in real life then it isn't going to be on the blog.
What is real food?
Food from grown from the earth and NOTHING artificial. Minimally processed. Just REAL food.
My goal is to inspire you to get excited about these recipes and to hopefully shift your mindset if you have been a lifetime dieter like I was. To gain FOOD FREEDOM. To love yourself as you are right now.
And food freedom to me looks like loving my body well. By feeding it with REAL FOOD. Being in tune with listening to my body (hunger cues) and to talk nicely to myself. We all know how hard it can be to SILENCE the mean girl between our ears!
On a somewhat related note, I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and to see any recipes you make! It will make my day if you tag any of your pictures @thekitcheneer in your Instagram photos or stories! I will share any you tag me in on my stories!
Along with all the recipes, I am expanding the blog to include more of what goes on outside of "engineering" fresh and tasty recipes for you! From photos of our favorite trips, our house projects, to learning how to garden, and life with 3 cats and raising our first pup.
- Mindset - I can't tell you how IMPORTANT this is to my overall health and happiness. You CAN heal your relationship with food and STOP diets forever. You just have the right tools in your tool box and I want to help! This is KEY for longterm SUSTAINABLE weight management.
- Travel - From getting married in Antigua, to local spots here in Williamsburg,VA, Charleston, and Waco,TX to Italy! LOVE seeing and experiencing the WORLD.
- Home Projects - We bought our home in 2017 and we have done some major house projects (and did it mostly ourselves to offset costs!) From knocking out a wall to make our living room bigger, full kitchen renovation, to DIY herringbone oak floors in our unfinished loft space to now liveable boho meets shiplap hangout! Check it our here!
- Budget - This is a new project that is currently in the works. But I have big plans on showing YOU how you can eat healthy on a budget!
- Kitties and Koda - Doolittle, Fifi, and Flynn our kitties plus Koda (Great Pyrenees mix) pup make up the other part of The Kitcheneer team! I plan on having future posts about various pet trouble shooting and lessons learned in raising our first dog!
Meet The Kitcheneer TEAM
Is The Kitcheneer's Chief Tech Consultant/ taste tester/ hand model (any photos with hands is his!) and best husband I could ever ask for!