Crispy savory chicken thighs that have been simmering in a sage butter creams sauce. SO GOOD you won't know it's GOOD FOR YOU.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tbs ghee
- 4 sage leaves or 1 tbs sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can on coconut milk
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil on medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to the skillet when hot.
- Brown chicken on both sides (about 5 minutes total). Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add butter and onion to soften (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and sage to saute for 30 seconds more.
- Add chicken back to the skillet. Tilt the skillet towards you so that the butter and sage pools on one side.
- With a spoon, ladle the butter over the chicken to baste it. This si where the flavor comes from!
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a low boil. Once boiling, bring down to a simmer.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked thoroughly (internal temperature 165F)
- Serve with a side salad and cauliflower rice.