Whole30 Crispy Sage Butter Chicken. Going back to basics is always my go to when I feel like I need a refresh on my nutrition.
Chicken + veggies + salad. Protein + Greens + Healthy Fats +Complex Carbohydrates. That is the formula for a balanced and portioned meal!
I have SLAMMED the door shut on 2020. As I know most of you have.
I posted on IG Stories the other day that I have GOALS for 2021. NOT RESOLUTIONS. I don't do those. I think they are short termed and short sighted. I now focus on long term goals and strategies to improve my mind, spirituality, and body.
My 2021 GOALS:
- Pursue Jesus like never before. I am CRAVING closeness with Him. I want to become more involved with our church, read the bible daily, and PRAY.
- Continue the path I started in 2018. To DITCH THE DIET and to pursue loving myself. As is. I realized diets dont work. If they did then why is your mom/dad/family member still trying the next new diet. If it worked, don't you think they would have their ideal bodies by now? I had to UNLEARN everything so that I can start with a clean slate. To LOVE myself. To give myself NO CHOICE. To give myself PERMISSION to be FREE. AND I STILL LOST/MAINTAINED WEIGHT! It was such a scary leap. But I am so glad I did. I have learned things about myself that I never would if I had stuck to plans that told me what and when to eat. I let myself LISTEN to my own physical hunger cues. To eat when I was truly hungry and stop when I was content.
- PORTION CONTROL - just because I am not on a certain plan right now doesn't mean I don't care about nutrition or portions. SELF DISCIPLINE is a BIG part of my daily life. I struggle with portions and I think the BLTs (Bites, Licks, and Tastses) are sometimes my downfall.
- CONSISTENCY - being consistent in all of the above. SHOWING UP FOR MYSELF EVERY DAY. LOVING MYSELF for the first time (telling my inner critic to GET OUT)
- DRINK water like it's my job (100+ OZ a day)
- Workout 5 days a week (this is a habit for us now :))
- If I stay consistent my hope is that this list will turn into my foundation of healthy habits! Habits TRUMP motivation any day of the week because habits are automatic!
- DEVELOP MORE HEALTHY RECIPES (again I don't deprive myself of anything but I do LOVE cooking meals at home 90% of the time with REAL CLEAN INGREDIENTS)
What are your 2021 Goals?
DEETS ON THIS CHICKEN!
Super easy one skillet chicken dish that is gluten free, dairy free, and SO GOOD.
It starts with a crisping of the chicken in some oil.
Followed by a bath of sage, onion, garlic, and ghee ( clarified butter and Whole30 compliant). Then add the coconut milk to allow the crispy chicken to finish cooking while the coconut milk soaks up all of the flavor.
I love serving this over some cauliflower rice or mash with a nice ladle of the sauce over top!
Want other Whole30 Compliant Recipes???Print