Meat Lover's Pizza Stuffed Spaghetti Squash - because who doesn't love a good meat lover's pizza?!
I LOVE spaghetti squash and I also love how NUTRITIOUSLY good it is for you! It's bland in flavor so it is perfect to take on the flavors of sauces, pestos, or good old fashioned butter and salt.
Spaghetti squash is one of my meal prepped items I usally have on hand so I can grab and dump it in a bowl with my favorite toppings.
This week Jake and I were CRAVING some pizza. I had also been playing around with this pizza stuffed spaghetti squash in my mind for a minute and decided it was time to test it!
Jake (who doesn't always love spaghetti squash) had a HUGE helping and said it was the best spaghetti squash he ever had!
TWO WAYS TO MAKE IT
- ROAST IN OVEN. It can be difficult to cut. I like to cut off both ends (so there is a flat area) then I flip it on the new flat end and slice right down the middle with a very sharp knife.
- INSTANT POT My other favorite method is to simply poke some holes in the squash with a fork (like you do a baked potato). Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the squash on top of the trivet and set it to MANUAL for 30 minutes. Then once it's cool enough to handle, cut and scoop out the seeds.
Either way you make it it comes out DELICIOUS and full of pizza flavor from the Italian spiced ground pork, pepperoni, and fresh mozzarella.
Like I have been saying for a little while. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. Mine has been making it VERY clear lately that pizza from a pizza shop is a NO. So I make my own version!
I love pizza and pasta. So I still have it! But I make it from ingredients that I KNOW where they came from.
UNPROCESS your food! Eat REAL ingredients. Your body will thank you!
And of course if cheese isn't your thing OMIT it and add some extra basil and oregano! Or use your favorite dairy free alternative!
Want more spaghetti squash recipes?
- Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs MealPrep
- Whole30 Instant Pot Sunday Gravy
- Spaghetti “Squashta” with Turkey Bolognese