Crispy, dump in an Instant Pot with a jar of salsa verde, and top on your favorite salad or burrito bowl. And a healthy dollop of guacamole. My kind of dinner!
Plus it's made with real clean ingredients, gluten free, dairy free, and whole30 compliant.
- 3lbs of pork shoulder
- 1 jar of sugar free salsa verde (about 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced roma tomato
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of 1 lime
For the bowls:
- Cauliflower rice
- sauteed peppers and onions
- Put pork, seasonings, and salsa verde into the Instant Pot. Do not stir.
- Place lid on and seal. Set on MANUAL mode for 60 minutes. Once it beeps to indicate it is done, safely release the steam. Shred the pork with 2 forks. YOU COULD STOP and enjoy here but if you want it crispy HIGHLY recommend step 3!
- Preheat oven to 415F. Place shredded pork and remaining juices on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbs of olive or avocado oil.
- Crisp in oven for 10 minutes. While the pork crisps, make the guacamole.
- Smash avocado in a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Assemble bowls and enjoy!
- I love adding sauteed peppers and onions. If you would like to add those to these bowls, simply thinly slice 2 bell peppers and 1 red onion. Saute in a medium sized skillet until softened and slightly crisped (10-15 minutes) in 1 tbs of oil. I do this during the last 20 minutes if the pork finishing up in the Instant Pot!