These Easy Vegetarian Instant Pot Fajitas are SO GOOD. Roasted peppers and onions, ground beef-like lentils and walnuts,some mashed avocado, and all the toppings!
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup of dried lentils
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups of water
- 1 14oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion pwder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper
Options for fajita bowls
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- rice or cauli rice
- plantain chips
- Prep the peppers and onions. Stir all seasonings in a small bowl, set aside
- Set Instant Pot in SAUTE mode. Once it reads HOT, add oil, peppers, and onions
- Saute the peppers and onions until slightly charred (about 5-7 minutes) stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- CANCEL the SAUTE mode. Add lentils, seasoning, water,tomatoes, zest and lime juice.
- SEAL the lid and set timer for 10 minutes.
- Once Instant Pot beeps to indicate it is done, safely quick release the steam.
- Serve! Either serve up in tortillas with your favorite toppings or in a bowl "chipotle" style with greens, rice, guacamole, corn, etc.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: vegetarian fajitas, instant pot fajitas, fajitas