This twist on your favorite classic chicken noodle soup is enhanced with the anti-inflammatory benefits from turmeric plus gives it that golden glow!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced (CHOP THEN STOP)
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed*
- 1 tbs turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 5 cups of chicken broth or homemade stock
- 4 oz dry whole grain pasta
- 2 cups of kale, chopped
- Set your Instant Pot in SAUTE mode. When it reads HOT add the oil, garlic, and onion. Saute until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add in chicken to slightly brown (another 3 minutes)
- Stir in celery, carrots, spices, broth, lemon juice, and pasta. Seal the lid. CANCEL the SAUTE mode. Set to MANUAL for 10 minutes. Use quick release (carefully) when it beeps to indicate that it is done.
- Stir in kale and serve!
*For FROZEN chicken - add to Instant Pot and add 5 more minutes to the cooking time (15 minutes total) and allow natural release.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup recipe, chicken noodle soup, turmeric recipe, healthy soup recipe, superfoods soup, detox soup, instant pot chicken noodle soup