This Dairy Free Peppermint Mocha latte is the seasonal coffee drink classic favorite that we can NOT get enough of! Made with a double shot of espresso (or strong coffee), unsweetened cocoa powder, a touch maple syrup for a natural sweetener, and a hint of peppermint. The perfect drink to get you in the holiday spirit this year! It's just like the starbucks peppermint mocha but healthier and much cheaper!
- 2 shots of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong hot brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 cups of oat milk
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract (use a smidge less if desired)
- Brew 2 shots of espresso or coffee. Pour espresso into your favorite mug.
- Stir the cocoa powder, maple syrup, peppermint extract into the oat milk. Try to ensure that the cocoa powder is as dissolved as possible.
- Froth and steam the milk mixture *
- Pour oat milk mixture on top of the coffee. Top with chocolate curls, sprinkles, and whipped cream (if desired)
- If you do not have a frother, heat up the milk mixture on the stove top using a small saucepan instead! Then use a hand held frother to whirl it up into a foam!