This is the time of year where my crock pot gets a workout! I am constantly throwing my recipes in there to simmer or stew all day long. Especially soups. Nothing beats a stressful cold day at work than coming home to an already made meal and putting on your comfy clothes and curl up with a bowl of hot soup. Especially in my big comfy slippers....they are a must.
I have been a long time soup fan. I think my first love was broccoli and cheese soup... I was a strange 5 year old who loved broccoli. I may be coming up with a lightened up crock pot version coming soon!
I am actually having a trying time writing this post due to my "helpers" today. I love them though. Nothing also beats curling up with a bowl of soup with these cuddle bugs too! (Top: Doolittle Bottom: Fifi) Doolittle loves to rub his face on my hand as I type lol.
Now, back to this soup. I have been making this soup every year for the past 5 years and it was basically a life saver in college. We didn't have a lot of space in out little apartment kitchen so slow cooking became a necessity. Especially when we barely even had time for sleeping or eating when we were busy studying! It's also really good for you as it is packed with protein, veggies, and mainly it's good for your soul. And like most soups, the leftovers are even better!
8 oz of cooked chicken
4 stalks of celery chopped
4 medium sized carrots sliced and peeled
½ white onion diced
1 teaspoon garlic seasoning
1 can of reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
2 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth
2 cups of water
1.25 cup of low carb rotini pasta
½ cup frozen peas
In your slow cooker place all veggies in the bottom
Top with the chicken and shred with two forks
Pour liquids on top and stir
Set it on low of 7-8 hours or if you need it sooner set it on high for 3.5 to 4 hours
20 minutes before you are ready to dig in, pour the noodles and peas in and stir
Place lid back on and wait until noodles are cooked through
- 8 oz of cooked chicken
- 4 stalks of celery chopped
- 4 medium sized carrots sliced
- ½ white onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic seasoning
- 1 can of reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- black pepper
- 1.25 cup of low carb rotini pasta
- ½ cup frozen peas
- In your slow cooker place all veggies in the bottom
- Top with the chicken and shred with two forks
- Pour liquids on top and stir
- Add seasonings
- Set it on low of 7-8 hours or if you need it sooner set it on high for 3.5 to 4 hours
- Twenty minutes before you are ready to dig in, pour the noodles and peas in and stir.
- Place lid back on and wait until noodles are cooked through