So, ummm Christmas Eve is tomorrow… WHAT?!
Where did this year go??? I feel like it was March yesterday!
And guys, I’m sort of in love with my Instant Pot. Jake gave it to me for my birthday and it is seriously the most used kitchen gadget (minus the food processor). It makes meatballs in less than 20 minutes! I mean how could you NOT love it!?
I know a lot of people who bought them when Amazon had a sale a little while ago and it still lives in the box it came in because they are too afraid to use it. It’s not scary I PROMISE!
You want to know what the very first thing I made in mine? Pressure cooked plain chicken breast for Max (our kitty) because he had an upset tummy and plain chicken always made him feel better. The things I do because I love their furry little faces! –SWOON- yes, I am THAT person, get over it.
Anyways, quick and easy meal are a must for the holidays. And if you’re in the same boat as us, then you have out-of-town guests, relatives, brothers, and your stepdad’s mother coming over. And I would rather spend time with them than babysit a stove all afternoon! Enter this fabulous Cranberry Pot Roast!
Cranberries and beef just go together. The cranberries bring out such a unique flavor from the beef (and not in an overwhelming way) more like a subtle tartness that amplifies the juicy, tender, fall apart roast.
Umm drooling over here.
And in the Instant Pot, it’s done in 45 minutes! Or you can easily have this on low and slow all day in the crockpot. And guess what? I’ll teach you how to cook it both ways! But seriously, the Instant Pot is a worthwhile investment and I highly recommend getting one!
I like to serve this over some creamy mashed potatoes and a side of roasted carrots and baby portabella mushrooms or a salad.
I CANNOT wait for tomorrow!!!!
Instant Pot Cranberry Pot Roast
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
Juicy, tender, and with a hint of tartness from seasonal cranberries and in 45 minutes!
- 4-5 lbs Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 Cup Fresh Cranberries
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Tsp Rosemary
- 3 Tsp Thyme
- 8 Carrots
- 8 Oz Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Set Instant Pot to “Sauté” and add oil to heat up. Once heated, add onion to soften (about 5 minutes)
- Set onion aside. Season beef with salt and pepper. Add beef to brown on all sides (about 2-3 minutes/side)
- Return the onion to the pot, adding garlic, tomato paste, thyme, rosemary, broth, vinegar, and cranberries
- Add seared roast and lock lid
- Set to “Manual” on high for 45 minutes. Let the steam naturally release (about 12-15 minutes)
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil on medium high heat. Add onion to soften (about 5 minutes)
- Set onion aside. Season roast with salt and pepper. Add beef to pan to brown on all sides (about 2-3 minutes per side)
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, tomato paste, broth, vinegar, 1 cup of cranberries, and roast to crockpot. Cover and set on low for 6-8 hours or until roast is at desired doneness.
Roast Vegetable Instructions
- 45 minutes before serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper place carrots and mushrooms on the pan. Toss with 1 tbs of olive oil or avocado oil and salt and pepper to taste
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes until browned
- Serve beef over cauliflower rice or potato mash with the roasted mushrooms, cranberries, and root vegetables. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
Hannah Hasson says
Where is the recipe?! I used to make yours.
Hi Hannah! It was down for some reason! Thanks for telling me! It's back up for you!
Serena Kidder says
Do you think I could make it in the morning and let it keep warm until after church?
Absolutely! The Instant Pot is amazing at keeping meals warm after they have cooked to enjoy later without it being over cooked! Hope you enjoy! 🙂
Heather | All Roads Lead to the Kitchen says
I was soooo close to buying one on Amazon when they had that sale, but I didn't. I do still want one, though. This pot roast looks incredible!
It is so worth the investment! Thank you Heather!!!
Norah Rice says
This looks wonderful! And I just bought an Instant Pot and am looking for recipes, so thank you! However, on the ingredients I don't see the rosemary or cranberries?
Well, it's not a Cranberry Pot Roast without cranberries?! I'll correct that right now. Thank you! And it's 1 cup of cranberries and 3 sprigs of Rosemary 😊
Alyssa | EverydayMaven says
I love my Instant Pot and this sounds amazing and so festive!
Me too!!! Thank you Alyssa!
Is an Instant Pot the same as a pressure cooker?
Sort of. An instant Pot is a pressure cooker plus many other things like: veggie steamer, rice cooker, slow cooker, and it sautes like a skillet too! I love it!
This dish looks so festive and SO easy to put together. Holiday dinner in an instant pot? Genius!!!
Thank you Taylor!! So glad you like it!!
April J Harris says
I've heard such good things about Instant Pots! Your Cranberry Pot Roast sounds wonderful, with so many lovely flavours. I love cooking with cranberries, especially this time of year.
I honestly don't know what I'd do without it! It's the best!! Thank you April!!
Oh my goodness. That looks so delicious! Perfect for a Christmas dinner!
Thank you Raia!!! I'm so excited to share this with everyone this weekend!! 🎄 Merry Christmas!
Platter Talk says
That is one of the most tempting, delicious looking meals I've ever seen!!! Really beautiful and great recipe, too.
Thank you so much!!! I'm so happy you like it!!! 💕
Susan @ Culinary Envy says
Wow, I wouldn't be able to wait until tomorrow either if this was going to be on my table! Yum. Let me know if you are handing out "to-go" bags by chance! Pinned.
I know!! It's SO good. My husband keeps asking when I can make it again! And oh course! Always welcome for a to go container! 😉 Thank you and Merry Christmas!