DOLE Bananas Peel the Love “Banana Cabana” Tour June 28th - July 3rd
Mini Peanut Butter Banana Oat Bread (GLUTEN FREE)
I love making “mini” baked goods not just because they are cute but because it is automatic portion control! And these are outrageously good and are healthy enough that if you decide to have a few you don’t have to worry about it that much!
Did I mention this banana bread is also GLUTEN FREE? This is a perfect recipe idea for those who suffer from gluten intolerance. Just ensure that the rolled oats you select are Gluten Free.
This would also be a great recipe to make with your kids at home! Let them squish the bananas and be involved with the whole process! Of course if there is someone with nut allergies at home simply omit the peanut butter and the nuts and use brown rice flour instead!
Very ripe bananas are combined with natural peanut butter, oats, vanilla, and cinnamon. The bread is then baked in a mini loaf pan and can be served as a breakfast, snack, or dessert option!
Makes 8 mini loaves or 1 large loaf
-3 VERY ripe Dole bananas
- 1 cup of Gluten Free rolled oats
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tbs vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
-1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- 4 tbs natural peanut butter
Sprinkle extra cinnamon and chopped walnuts on top (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 and spray mini loaf pan with cooking spray
In a stand mixer or electric mixer, mix the dry ingredients: flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
In a separate medium bowl mix the wet ingredients: bananas, applesauce, coconut oil, honey, eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter.
Add wet ingredients to dry and mix thoroughly until smooth.
Pour dough into pan so each loaf gets an even amount.
Optional: Top each loaf with some more cinnamon and chopped walnuts before baking
Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes checking with tooth pick halfway for doneness.
Let cool on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Dole. I created this recipe and received compensation to promote the DOLE Peel the Love “Banana Cabana” tour. I hope you enjoy!
I like to put a thin layer of Greek yogurt and top it with fresh fruit for a complete breakfast!
These also make adorable gifts for teachers, neighbors, friends, and family!
Now, let's get back to discussing the 2014 Peel the Love tour!
Calling all banana lovers in the Hampton Roads\Central Virginia area also known as"The 804" & “The 757”! Starting June 28th through July 3rd I highly recommend heading over to Norfolk and Virginia Beach to experience fun activities, get out doors, and of course taste delicious food provided by Dole Bananas Peel the Love Banana Cabana tour! Click here to check out where they will be located while they are in Virginia.
So what is “Peel the Love”?
It is Dole’s multiyear initiative to celebrate the fun and whimsical side of bananas and other tropical fruit coast to coast! Dole also has teamed up with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond milk to bring you twice the amount of love this summer! Talk about a match made in Heaven! Dole wants to remind America about this great fruit and that it can be used in fun ways and incorporate the nutrition of healthy fresh fruits in our everyday lifestyle! Since Norfolk/Virginia Beach residents love this iconic yellow fruit so much it has been chosen as one of the 26 cities the Dole Bananas Peel the Love “Banana Cabana” tour will be visiting this year! How cool is that?
Banana lovers can learn more about the 2014 Peel the Love tour, including recipes, Banana Cabana Tour stops and more at www.dole.com/peelthelove.
I personally am a HUGE fan of Dole bananas and all of their other products. This golden fruit is so versatile in ways I bet most people haven’t even thought of! For example, did you know that bananas can be a replacement for butter or sugar in your baking? Yep. I do it all the time! It also gives a nice creamy texture to your smoothies instead of adding whole milk or another dairy product like yogurt. Bananas are our friend.
About DOLE Bananas:
DOLE Bananas are the top-selling banana in America and the world! From its founding by James Drummond Dole, the company has built its reputation on a ceaseless commitment to quality and that commitment still stands today…more than 150 years later!
To learn more about Dole Food Company click here.
Other Banana Facts:
- A naturally fat free food
- A naturally cholesterol free food
- Great source of Vitamin C
- Great source of potassium
- Excellent source of fiber
- Low in sodium
- It is also AMAZING for post workout recovery! One medium banana contains 110 calories and 30 grams of carbs. Carbs are the main fuel sources your body uses for moderate to high intensity activity. After a hard workout, your body has depleted a lot of its fuel source (carbs) and needs to be replenished quickly or you may experience painful cramps. Since the carbohydrates in bananas are from glucose, they’re high glycemic and will convert to usable energy quickly.
Banana fact sources:
What to expect at the DOLE Peel the Love “Banana Cabana” tour:
- Sample the new Peel the Love salads, entrees, snacks, and dessert recipes designed by Dole Test Kitchens including:
- Caribbean Jerk Shrimp and Banana Kabobs
- Banana Pudding Pops
- Dole Banana S’mores
- Dole Grilled Bananas
- Select Tour recipes will also feature Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk!
- Recipe Booklets
- Banana themed kid’s activity sheets
Where to Spot the DOLE truck in Virginia?
- June 28th they will be at the 7th Annual Chesty Puller 10k & Kids Fun Run- 7:00 AM- 10:00AM
- June 29th they will be at the Norfolk Naval Commissary- 11:00AM-5:00PM
- June 30th they will be at the Oceana Naval Commissary- 3:00PM-6:00PM
- July 3rd they will be at the Fort Lee Va. Commissary- 11:00AM-5:00PM
Again click this link to see full Tour Schedule
I simply just love the idea of the Peel the Love tour across America and seeing people trying new ways to have fresh fruits and vegetables to fulfill a healthy lifestyle. It’s amazing to see peoples’ faces light up when they try something new and tasty and then see the reaction when they learn that it is not only easy to make at home but it’s good for you too!
Check out the DOLE Peel the Love “Banana Cabana” tour truck from June 28th to July 3rd in the Virginia area and Go Bananas!!