I am a bagel lover. And before I found my food freedom, I used to be simultaneously TERRIFIED of the carbs. Stupid. I know. I am AWARE.
There is something about a fresh warm bagel from the oven that is just... mouth watering. That's where these Jalapeno Everything Bagels come into play. They check ALL the boxes. They have a great consistency and texture even though I used my favorite gluten free flour.
I also threw in some jalapenos because jalapenos + cream cheese is DELISH. It's better IMO than cream cheese and chives! I love me some SPICE!
While the oven preheats, mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in the yogurt then fold in the jalapeno slices.
You can use a silcone donut mold OR simply divide the dough into 4 sections, roll each section into a ball and poke your finger through the middle and shape into bagel.
Drop each bagel into a sauce pan with rolling boiling water for 2 minutes. Trust me. It's GOING TO BE OK. It was my first time trying this method and it worked! Use tongs to safely remove bagels and onto the baking sheet!
Trust me, I am NOT a baker and I can make these with no issues. They are gluten free, full of flavor, and packed with protein and probiotics from the Greek yogurt.
Hot Tip: Greek yogurt is KEY here. Due to the fermentation process, it sort of substitutes yeast and is ESSENTIAL. DO NOT use regular yogurt.Print
Jalapeno Everything Bagels [Gluten Free]
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 bagels 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Quick and easy yet spicy and flavorful Jalapeno Everything Bagels are EVERYTHING and also gluten free made with my favorite cassava flour!
- 1 ¼ cup of gluten free flour
- ¼ cup arrow root powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp everything seasoning
- 1 ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced and de-seeded
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, onion powder, and baking powder
- Stir in yogurt and jalapenos until thoroughly combined and has formed a ball
- Separate dough into 4 sections
- On a floured surface, roll each section using your hands and form into bagel shapes.
- Bring water to a rolling boil in a sauce pan (should be enough for each bagel to float). Safely lower bagels (working in batches) for 2 minutes each.
- Put each bagel on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Top each bagel with everything seasoning
- Bake for 30 minutes raising the temperater to 375F in the last 10 minutes.
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Gluten Free
- Method: Oven
Keywords: gluten free, bagels, cassava flour
My absolute favorite bagel.
Ashley Luchtenberg says
What a way to start off your day! You might even convince me that breakfast consists of something other than just coffee 😂
Coffee IS priority! BUT these bagels should definitely be a part of the breakfast game plan!