This Simple Green Spring Salad is a an ode to the celebration of a successful spring harvest. The best of what this season has to offer - peas, radishes, pistachios, spring mix, micro-greens, arugula, and more! All tossed in a Herby Tahini dressing that is brightly flavored with fresh herbs, garlic, tahini, and lemon juice!
A Loaded Green Spring Salad you can feel good about!
A HUGE Spring Vegetable Salad is what I am CRAVING this time of year when it gets a little warmer in the afternoon. When golden hour hits just right and the rays of sunlight shine through the blooming flowers in our yard. It's just beautiful and I just want to spend all my time in the garden. NOT in the kitchen. Enter this green spring salad to answer the questions of "what's for lunch?" and NO cooking required.
Spring Salad Recipe Key Ingredients
Spring is the time of abundance and that is exactly what we have here in this green spring salad! Just another excuse to build up a good microbiome with the power of a diversity of plants! In this salad, there is everything from peas, crisp radishes, crunchy pistachios: all tossed with a light yet full of fresh herb tahini dressing! Made from local seasonal produce and pantry staples, this spring salad is not only good for you BUT your budget!
- Spring Veggies - Fresh spring mix, an abundance of arugula, peas, crisp radishes, carrots, and spring green onions are all in season and perfect for this spring mix salad!
- Pistachios - Crunchy yet satisfying (like Pumba would say). But these aren't grubs! Pistachios are the perfect crunch factor I look for in a textured salad. And if you buy the shelled kind (I HIGHLY recommend Aldi's pistachios cheap AND shelled!)
- Herby Tahini Dressing - This light & bright creamy tahini dressing is what salad dressing dreams are made of. It's got that creamy ranch feel without the mayo plus lots of fresh herbs. Think parsley, LOTS of dill, chives, and a dash of oregaon. MUAH. Chef's kiss 😘. Plush a SQUEEZE of fresh lemon. You will want to use this herby citrusy tahini dressing on EVERYTHING! HIGHLY recommend as a marinade and dipping sauce. Would be FANTASTIC to serve with some steamed artichoke petals.
How to make this Cold Green Spring Salad
This spring mix salad recipe can be comprised in to two basic steps. The first step is to prep the veggies. Second step is to whirl the tahini dressing in a food processor or blender.
- Even though it may seem like a small detail, it is important in the grand scheme of this salad to cut the veggies as written. I just think the small details of a salad not only make it gorgeous but adds so much texture.
- Whirling the dressing is a breeze! Best approach is to add the garlic plus the herbs first to pulse into a nice herby paste. Then add the lemon juice, tahini, and any of the other seasoning. The last bit is to add a little cold water while the food processor is running. This will cause the dressing to change pitch...meaning it's hit peak deliciousness.
- After all that, it's simply assembling the salad in a large salad bowl and tossing it with the dressing. Don't forget to top it with the pistachios for some crunch!
What kitchen gear you need to make this spring salad recipe
The right tool for the job is always key to success in most areas but especially in the kitchen.
Looking for other fresh recipes for Spring?
- Italian Caprese Salad with Crispy Prosciutto
- Whole30 Nashville Chicken Salad
- Whole30 Sage Butter Chicken
- Paleo Sweet Potato Noodle Egg Nests