This Traeger Grilled Salmon with a spiced rub with a tangy citrusy lemon dijon sauce is the perfect way to kick off grilling season. This is a quick grilled salmon recipe with the BEST honey mustard sauce that simply MELTS into the salmon without butter! Making this salmon the best protein packed, dairy free, and perfect for cooking on the outdoor grill!
This post may contain affiliate links. For items personally chosen by me that i think you will LOVE.
We invested in a Traeger grill a few years ago and we use it ALL YEAR ROUND. (not sponsored- just LOVE this grill/ pellet smoker. But dont worry if you don't have this specific grill, this recipe will work on any grill with a lid!
Is it just me, but how in the WORLD is it the middle of June! Typically I am not a warm weather/summer person but this year we purchased kayaks and have been LOVING getting out there on the Chickahominy river and finding our own private beaches to read on. Currently I have SO many books on my TBR list (To Be Read) that I never know what I am going to read next! Right now, I am reading a science fiction called "Stranger in a Strange World". It's SO good. Government conspiracies, man from Mars plot twists, and possibly a romance blooming?
- Traeger Grilled Salmon Ingredient Highlights
- How to make Traeger Grilled Salmon
- Let's get into the nitty gritty details on this easy grilled Traeger salmon recipe.
- What to serve with this Honey Lemon Grilled Salmon?
- Last but NOT least
- Grilling Temperature for Salmon
- Traeger Grilled Salmon with Lemon Dijon Marinade
Traeger Grilled Salmon Ingredient Highlights
This grilled salmon recipe has pretty much 2 main ingredient components. Because we like easy meals over here 😉 The salmon (duh) and the lemon-dijon-honey marinade. 🍋
- Salmon: As the star of this recipe it is very important to understand how to pick out a great salmon for grilling. I typically look for a thick cut and fatty as it retains moisture during the grilling process. I also try to buy wild vs farmed as farmed varieties tend to consist mostly of saturated fat vs the good omega 3s and 6s we are looking for. For this recipe I was lucky and found some wild Alaskan salmon!But wild Atlantic salmon would be fantastic too!
- The Spice: I personally love to pack the flavor in whatever protein I am using. The smoky paprika, coriander, cumin, and garlic become IMMERSED in the salmon.
- The Sauce: This is the MUST have finisher for this grilled salmon. Once removed from the grill, brush the marinade over the salmon and it simply MELTS into the fish and becomes so flavorful.
How to make Traeger Grilled Salmon
This is the effortless melt-in-your-mouth kinda salmon and is beyond EASY to throw together.
First step: Make the honey lemon dijon sauce.Mix together a little lemon juice, dijon mustard, and honey.
Next: Preheat the grill and season the salmon
Place the salmon skin-side down on the grill. Close the lid and let it cook for about 8 minutes.
Flip the salmon filet to get those grill marks for a few more minutes then serve with a fun tomato basil salsa.
Let's get into the nitty gritty details on this easy grilled Traeger salmon recipe.
RUB IT:I love a good dry run when grilling most proteins and this recipe is no exceptions. Simply mix some smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, and some S&P and we are IN BUSINESS. Plus when you rub the spices WITH olive oil it STICKS to the salmon fillets like glue, giving it a great flavor. Meaning MORE FLAVOR 🔥
GRILL IT: Please oh please DO NOT be afraid of grilling fish. I am going to teach you how to grill salmon. It requires a HOT grill and the closer to direct heat the better. And don't worry about the fish sticking to the grill grates. It will budge after a few minutes. Plus with the help of an electric smoker, even though we are grilling at a higher temperature it really still gives the salmon a nice smoke flavor.
What to serve with this Honey Lemon Grilled Salmon?
Probably my favorite part is the siiiidddeess at a cookout/backyard BBQ.
- Classics: corn on the cobb, pasta salad, a great side salad, and mac n cheese!
- Or my personal way I serve this is bowl style. I pile my bowl high with fresh greens, grilled veggies, pickled red onions, and some roasted sweet potatoes. .
Grilling Temperature for Salmon
Salmon only takes a few minutes on the grill but like steak, it's OK if it's still a little pink(er) in the middle. I personally like the internal temperature for salmon at around 140F when I take it off the grill. I LOVE using the instant read thermometer that the Traeger pellet grill comes with and I can see the temperature from an app on my phone! The salmon will still "cook" during the resting period.Print