Kicking the sunny season off with this Summer Strawberry Salad recipe with avocados, crunchy pistachios, creamy goat cheese, and a homemade Strawberry Balsamic. Basically summer's bounty presented to you in a bowl.
This post may contain affiliate links. Every item on this page was chosen by The Kitcheneer team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here.)
I have actually been making this strawberry spinach salad recipe for YEARS and actually never thought to make it into a blog post! (smacks forehead - like a V8 commercial). But better late than never right???
Jake and I are still exploring our green thumb abilities with our own organic gardening we have been doing this year. So far so good, but not ready to harvest quite yet! Our vertical garden stalk is FILLED with spinach, romaine, and spring mix and I am STOKED. Which is why every time I stare at them (like a loving -creepy plant mom does) I want to make salad. 🥗
This Summer Strawberry Salad has it ALL
Not only are you going to be as obsessed as I am and making this everyday this summer, but it's PACKED with all the nutrient dense things we LOVE to fuel our bodies! And of COURSE taking advantage of all the warm weather fresh ingredients summer has to offer!
- Lots of fresh sweet strawberries - because tis' the season 🍓
- Tangy crumbly goat cheese - I LOVE goat cheese and if you are dairy sensitive - this is easy on the stomach.
- Fresh crisp mixed greens of your choice
- Crunchy pistachios - perfect texture for this summer salad
- Homemade Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette! (I like to reduce some balsamic vinegar and add some fresh strawberries to simmer and muddle together) It is SO good and no extra added sugar here!
The Summer Strawberry Salad Process
This salad is actually VERY simple and I promise you probably have most of the things to make this already! Olive oil, vinegar, ripe strawberries, red onion, and leafy greens. DONE! 🥗
Make the salad dressing first, you can even make this ahead of time! Cool in the fridge while the rest of the salad comes together.
Toss some of those salad greens in a large bowl
Add the creamy goat cheese, cubed avocado, quinoa, pistachios, sunflower seeds, strawberries, crisp cucumber, and some bluebs for extra fresh fruit!
Toss with dressing and eat!
PRO TIP: Highly recommend making the strawberry vinaigrette dressing the day before so the flavors have more time to meld together and get all chilly and delicious! 🍓
Other ways to enjoy this Strawberry Summer Salad
Here are some simple swaps to enjoy this summer salad with strawberries
- Add more CRUNCH - I love adding almonds or even crispy chickpeas to this salad
- Add ExtraProtein to make it a complete meal - Add some grilled chicken, tuna, quinoa, or even some sautéed tempeh!
- Add some fermented foods! - Fermented foods quite literally make superfoods even MORE nutritious believe it or not. Read Fiber Fueled to learn ALL about how FANTASTIC fermented food is to the gut!
How to store this Strawberry Summer Salad
Best thing I recommend making the Strawberry Balsamic Dressing ahead of time! This way it has time to get more flavorful and chilled thoroughly before making this delicious salad.
Keep salad separate from greens if you plan to store for another time.Print