Espresso Dark chocolate peanut butter cups that have less than 5 ingredients AND has a espresso in it?! SIGN ME UP. Chocolate & coffee are simply the way to my heart which is why these peanut butter cups are IN my fridge on the regular ESPECIALLY for Valentine's Day.
Espresso dark chocolate peanut cups - they are so easy to make at home! Made with simple pantry staple ingredients... honestly I can't think of reason NOT to make these. Except they are HARD to STOP eating! 😆
I personally don't have much of a sweet tooth. Which is sort of a good thing when combating chocolate cravings BUT I will say that I LOVE a little dark chocolate (which is also full of antioxidants) at night and one (or two) of these are the perfect way for a guilt free dessert. And SO much better than those traditional reese's peanut butter cups!
Why make dark chocolate peanut butter cups at home? Because of all the other brands out there have added sugar, artificial flavor, soy lecithin, corn syrup. Think of these as the cleaned up adult version of that nostalgic childhood favorite, Reese's. Because now she has espresso in it!
I We decided to extend Valentine's Day another day. I don’t know why, but I totally get this holiday. It’s the one day of the year to eat an obnoxious amount of chocolate, watch romcoms all night, and spend with your loved ones.
I remember those horrid high school years of watching all the other girls carry heart shaped balloons, teddy bears, and flowers. I secretly hoped every year I would get something…but never did.
Mom always made it special though. She would make goodies and would always be our Valentine. Love you mom!
And I remember Jake and I’s first V-day. We spent the weekend at his dad’s house and we unknowingly exchanged little kid valentines with the cute lollipops and heart shaped peanut butter cups. ( I know we are so cute it's gross 😘)
Now every year, we exchange those delicious peanut butter cups as our little treat.
I decided to make some myself this year instead! With the help from our friends at Choffy of course! 😉
As I have mentioned before, Choffy is so much more than a delicious beverage. I use it ALL the time in other recipes. From sweet to savory.
What You Will Need
- espresso, ground coffee, or Choffy
- dark chocolate chips
- coconut oil (or use an equal amount of melted butter- if you have allergies)
- organic peanut butter or almond butter (or even sunflower seed butter if you have an allergy to tree nuts)
- Pinch of sea salt
I infused these peanut butter cups with espresso and the added texture is simply amazing. Imagine crunchy peanut butter but its crunchy chocolate with a smooth creamy peanut butter center.
How To Make Espresso Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Start with the melted chocolate and coconut oil mixture. Stir in that coffee.
Pour half the melted chocolate`into the the silicone muffin pan or even use a mini muffin cups pan lined with paper liners!
Freeze for a few minutes, add peanut butter (or what ever nut butter) into the middle. Then add the remaining chocolate mixture on top.
Sprinkle with sea salt. Freeze one more time. DONE.
How EASY was it to make your own homemade peanut butter cups????
And since we are approaching Valentine's Day, I just want to remind you that YOU are beautiful and deserve love as you are. So know that and I hope these less icky for you bites of dark chocolate caffeinated dream cups give you a MOMENT. Being present. SHARE them with someone you care about.
Other ways to enjoy these peanut butter cups:
- Chopped up and stirred in ice cream
- Use in cookies
- Frozen and it's like a mini ice cream bar!
And if you tried and LOVED this recipe I would SO appreciate a star review in the comments sections below!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Iced Chocolate Almond Milk Shaken Espresso
- 5 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- The Coziest Dairy Free Peppermint Mocha
- Caramel Macchiato Coffee Floats
Superfood Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
All natural easy peanut butter cups infused with the superfood cacao and natural peanut butter|thekitcheneer.com
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips (I personally use these)
- 2 tbs melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup Choffy OR 2 tbs fresh ground coffee
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter or sunflower seed butter if you have a nut allergy
- Prepare a muffin tin by lining it with cupcake liners. Or use a silicone muffin pan (preferred).
- Melt the chocolate by microwaving in a microwave safe bowl and stirring after every minute until all chocolate is melted.
- Stir in melted coconut oil and Choffy or coffee with melted chocolate.
- Pour ½ the chocolate mixture evenly divided among all cupcake liners. TIP- I HIGHLY recommend silicone cupcake liners for best results!
- Freeze for 5 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Add peanut butter to each cup.
- Add the other half of the chocolate.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: superfood dessert, dark chocolate peanut butter cups, dark chocolate, healthy peanut butter cups
These look amazing. I have never heard of choffy either. can you substitute with cocoa powder? just out of curiosity.
Cocao nibs would be a great substitute here. 🙂
Kim Beaulieu says
These are absolutely gorgeous. Is choffy available in Canada?
Thank you Kim! I believe Choffy is only available online and I'm pretty sure they can ship to Canada! But please go and get your free sample with the code:kitcheneer at checkout!
Alyssa | EverydayMaven says
Sounds so delish!
Thank you Alyssa!
I've never heard of Chaffy before! These look wonderful!
It's seriously so good!!
Susan Highland says
Not sure where to put the code for the free sample. kitcheneer
Susan, click the link next to the code. Use it in the checkout at http://www.choffy.com 😊