Simple homemade creamy tomato soup made from fresh tomatoes, onion, herbs, and a WHOLE head of garlic! Yup. A WHOLE head of garlic gets roasted and caramelized then blended in this amazing cold weather soup.
While this Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup is PERFECT cold weather cozy vibes, I am totally game to eat this soup no matter what the weather is outside! Because I don't know about you, but I always CRAVE a good warm bowl or mug of tomato soup. Everything is roasted together until tomatoes are charred, then blended, and made creamy with coconut milk. Making this an easy healthy CLEAN eating soup made from fresh veggies and herbs. Plus a great excuse to dip crusty bread into it! 😉
I am sure we have all grown up with the classic Campbell's tomato soup (instantly thinks of the art piece of a Campbell's art can by Andy Warhol. Fun Fact: I am OBSESSED with art. Took Art History and Latin in school and was practically drooling over all my lessons...YES. I was THAT nerd.
OK. After my scatter-brained segway of thousands of references... let's FOCUS. On this amazingly flavor-packed tomato soup that contains my FAVORITE: ROASTED GARLIC.
Yup. A whole head of roasted garlic is in this soup - equals SO MUCH DELICIOUSNESS.
To make things even easier on prep, you only need to chop 1 onion. THAT'S IT.
How do I make Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup?
Simply chop off the tip of the garlic, place whole cherry tomatoes and onion in a dutch oven (or oven safe large sauce pan), drizzle with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and herbs.
Roasting the tomatoes to a slight char brings out their sweetness and caramelizes the garlic and really brings out the best of both of these flavors.
If you have never roasted garlic, then you are in for a real treat. You see, when you roast garlic it not only becomes sweeter but also loses that intense garlic flavor in exchange for this delicious subtle sweetness that just....*sighs happily* ....just pinky promise you will try it k?
Once everything has been roasted, allow it to cool slightly. Or do what I did and take the garlic out of the dutch oven to cool even quicker so you can simply just squeeze those roasted golden cloves into the blender or right back into the pot if you prefer to use an immersion blender.
Blend everything until velvety smooth, then pour back into the dutch oven with broth and coconut milk to make it all creamy.
How do I serve Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup?
This soup is really great on it's own! Just sprinkle some fresh herbs on top or a dollop of sour cream and it's super tasty!
But if you want to add your own flare here are some ideas:
- CRUSTY SOURDOUGH BREAD - let's be honest here. The reason we make tomato soup is to dip crusty bread into it. Am I right???
- Fresh Herbs - Cilantro, parsley, scallions, and basil are GREAT toppings for this tomato soup!
- Crispy Chickpeas! - if you want a little crunch I love adding some crispy chickpeas here. You can typically find these in the snack aisle or you can always crisp up some in the oven!
- Goldfish! - Great idea for the kiddos! Add a little goldfish! Adds some crunch and a little cheesy-ness!
- Sourcream or Yogurt - (omit if dairy free) but adding a dollop of plain yogurt or sourcream sounds good + fresh herbs??? YUM.
Looking for other cozy favorites???
- Instant Pot Thai Coconut Curry Soup with Crispy Tofu
- Whole30 Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Paleo Beef Stew
- Roasted Garlic Oven Roast
- Whole30 Sage Butter Chicken
- Cozy Shepherd’s Pie