Cinnamon Honey Oat Milk Latte - this is so going to replace your Starbucks's order. Steaming hot, rich, and foamy oat milk over rich espresso with subtle natural sweetness from honey and a hint of spice with cinnamon.
Oat milk has become my go to add in for all my coffee drinks. It froths really easy and is satisfyingly creamy unlike other non-dairy milks I have tried in the past.
As part of our kitchen renovation a BIG part of the design was actually having a permanent espresso machine installed. After much research (and it's an investment - but if you sit and reeaallly think about how much you spend on getting $6 lattes out, it ends up paying for itself!) we ended up getting this one. HIGHLY recommend investing in a good espresso machine! It truly has been a game changer and upping our coffee drink game!
BUT to make this recipe, you do NOT need an espresso machine! I have instructions for regular strong coffee too! But you need to get this $16 hand held frother - froth just makes a latte a latte IMO.
Last option is to heat up the milk, honey, salt, and cinnamon in the microwave then shake it REAL good in a mason jar.
MANY OPTIONS to make this Cinnamon Honey Oat Milk Latte!
And I know I don't have too many coffee drink options here on the blog but THINGS ARE CHANGING here! Although I will always have a special place in my heart for the favorite Maple Leaf Latte and the WHole30 Bullet Proof Coffee. YUM. Talk about caffeinated perfection.
Here's what you need :
- Oat milk - quality, frothiness, and taste matter here. Brands I love for this in order of favorite: Silk Extra Creamy Oat Milk, Trader Joe's Brand of Oat Milk, and Aldi's brand of oat milk. All are super tasty but the Silk wins because it just froths the best and it's not as sweet tasting as the Trader Joe's one. There no added sugar in any of the above*
- Espresso (for best results) - Use your favorite bean here, grind it up (it's SO the best with a freshly ground bean!) the flavor is like WHOA, and it just gives this latte that perfect touch of richness that's just sigh-happily-while-cupping-a-mug-with-both-hands good.
- Freshly brewed coffee - if you don't have espresso, then a strong freshly brewed coffee will work here too!
- Honey - I love using local organic honey (love supporting the Williamsburg Farmer's Market!) but when I am out just some of your favorite good tasting honey will do!
- Cinnamon - A MUST here. I am OBSESSED with cinnamon. It's the spice that makes everything nice 💗
- Salt - Just a pinch. Also aids in hydration plus with the coffee makes a great start for the day for your gut's digestion!
Brew a double shot of espresso and with a frother blend the oat milk, honey, cinnamon, and salt together until nice and foamy. Then try your best to make some latte art. It is a hard skill to master!
If you DON'T have an Espresso Machine LISTEN UP
If you DO NOT have an espresso machine NO WORRIES. Simply warm up the oat milk, honey, salt, and cinnamon in the microwave.Then you either froth in your mason jar (or your vessel of choice) or put a lid on the mason jar and shake it up vigorously!
After that, pour the oat milk foam over your cup of espresso or coffee and bask in the victory of your morning. Or 2PM afternoon struggles.Print