This Whole30 Cashew Chicken Stir Fry is loaded with veggies cooked in a super delicious teriyaki style sauce and is SO easy to make! It also comes together in an Instant Pot in less than 15 minutes using simple ingredients! You and your family are going to fall in LOVE with this healthy meal on busy weeknights!
What you are going to love about this Instant Pot Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
✔️ Done in a Jiffy! - This whole meal not only comes together in one pot but DONE and ready to serve in less than 20 minutes. '
✔️ A WHOLE FAMILY favorite - seriously, who doesn't love a good stir fry?!
✔️ Lot's of PLANTS - Get your veggies in PLUS protein with lots of tender roasty vegetables plus crunchy cashews.
Key Ingredients for this Paleo Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Chicken - The best chicken to use is skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs. Thighs really add a depth of flavor here with the extra fat content. It also lends a hand to the flavor of the sauce!
- Veggies - You can really use whatever veggies you have in your fridge. BUT I love to use a combination of broccoli florets, red bell peppers, and snap peas, napa cabbage, and mushrooms. This particular recipe pictured I had snow peas, mushrooms, and red bell peppers.
- Stir-Fry Sauce - This teriyaki- style sauce is made up of coconut aminos (a soy sauce sub), sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, rice vinegar, and arrowroot flour to thicken it up!
- Cashews - Because you can't have cashew chicken without cashews! Plus I LOVE the crunchy texture this provides to this dish.
How to make Instant Pot Whole30 Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
Most of the prep comes from getting each individual component together. Basically you cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, cutting the veggies, and stirring the sauce ingredients together.
Turning the Instant Pot on the SAUTE setting is the first step. Adding a little sesame oil to heat up, followed by browning the chicken.
Make the homemade stir fry sauce. In a measuring cup, stir together the ingredients for the sauce. Pour the sauce and veggies on top of the chicken and stir to combine. Plus add those cashews! Then seal the lid, set the timer for 15 minutes. Then serve over cauliflower rice with a pinch of red pepper flakes after a quick release.
What to serve with this 15 minute meal
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry is a complete balanced meal packed with protein and veggies. However you can't go wrong with serving over a bed of cauliflower rice or hearts of palm rice. Also, if you are not on a Whole30 or not low carb then this goes great on steamed regular rice.
Finish with some thinly sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
You can also make Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
I can't wait for you to try this Whole30 Cashew Chicken Stir Fry! It's one of my favorite ways to do fakeout take out that tastes way better (and better for you) than chinese restaurants. It's packed with so much flavor that I know you will love it as much as I do! Leave a comment with a 5 star rating below. You can also snap a photo and tag @thekitcheneer on Instagram! I LOVE seeing your TK creations!
Want more Whole30 Recipes?
- Whole30 Plant Based Bolognese
- Easy Whole30 Burger Bowl with Sweet Potato Fries
- Whole30 Sage Butter Chicken
- Whole30 Creamy Lemony Garlic Chicken Soup
Instant Pot Whole30 Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 skinless chicken breasts or 3-4 skinless chicken thighs, cut into small chunks
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 bag of snap peas
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- ½ cup of cashews
STIR FRY SAUCE
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs arrowroot powder
- Set your Instant Pot to SAUTE mode. Add the oil once the display reads HOT. Add the chicken and brown on all sides (5 minutes).
- Stir in the veggies and sauce. Seal the lid and set the timer for 15 minutes*. Once the timer goes off to indicate is done, place a kitchen towel over the top of the Instant Pot and do a quick release.
- Serve over cauliflower rice !
- If you have frozen chicken - NO PROBLEM. Simply add everything to the pot and add 5 minutes to the cook time. And allow for a natural release (not a quick one). Ensure chicken is cooked through with a meat thermometer (165F).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
Keywords: whole30, paleo, chicken stir fry, instant pot
Leave a Reply