Let's learn how to make delicious chili lime salmon in the air fryer! This air fryer salmon recipe is hands down one of my favorite ways to have a healthy dinner in less than 15 minutes! Made with a simple chili lime dry rub seasoning and served alongside asparagus at the same time, this makes a full dinner in the air fryer that the whole family will love!
Why You'll LOVE this Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
✔️ DONE in a flash - dinner is ON the table in less than 20 minutes
✔️ It's a COMPLETE meal - this is protein plus a side cooked in one place at the same time!
✔️ Couldn't be EASIER - it's a simple spices , pop in the air fryer, and call it a day kinda dinner
✔️ A healthy meal you can feel GOOD about - full of flavor, lots of protein, and a way to get some healthy fats in!
Jake and I have been making this simple salmon recipe for months now and it only just occurred to me to put it up on the blog! I actually thought it was TOO simple to be a blog post recipe! We typically have salmon in our freezer from Butcher Box and then I mix the seasoning and use whatever green veggie I have on hand as a side dish. But if I have asparagus, then that is our preference to pair with the salmon. Simple ingredients FTW!
What you need to make Chili Lime Air Fryer Salmon
- dry rub seasoning - a basic blend of chili powder, lime zest, salt, pepper, and paprika. OR you can cheat like I do sometimes and buy the Chili Lime Seasoning from Trader Joe's BOTH work great in this recipe!
- wild salmon filets - I ALWAYS try to buy wild Alaskan salmon when I can (this ensures the quality of the protein and nutrients of the fish).
- olive oil or avocado oil - just a bit to help with the crisping process.
- asparagus - I love the little crispy ends that the asparagus gets in the air fryer!
Nothing is better than making dinner at home. And this crispy seasoned salmon with asparagus just hits the spots on those days where you simply DO NOT want to cook.Uses the bare bones of what you typically have in the freezer and pantry. And honestly if you are not a fan of salmon, this recipe works with cod or shrimp too!
How to make chili-lime salmon in the Air Fryer
Begin by patting the thawed fresh salmon filets dry with paper towels.
Mix the dry rub seasoning in a small bowl and cover the salmon with an even layer of seasoning (you may have leftover seasoning to save for later!)
Drizzle a little olive oil over the salmon and asparagus. At the same time, sprinkle the asparagus with a little sea salt and black pepper.
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and add the the salmon skin side down plus the asparagus into the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry them at 400 degrees f for about 10 minutes. The internal temperature of the salmon should be around 140F using a meat thermometer.
Serve with a fresh squeeze of lime juice for an extra burst of fresh flavors!
What else can I serve with this meal?
The concept behind cooking the salmon & asparagus was to have a complete meal in the air fryer. In fact I am launching a whole air fryer dinner series soon to include all of my all encompassing meals that we cook on the regular using the air fryer. Simple, healthy, and crispy. Can't beat it!
BUT, if you are craving something extra I like these options: rice, quinoa, roasted squash, or roasted potatoes.
Looking for other delicious air fryer recipes?
- Air Fryer Falafel with Canned Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Whole30 Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Air Fryer Keto Korean BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Whole30 Air Fryer Sticky Orange Chicken
Lastly, if you do make this air fryer chili lime salmon and asparagus in the air fryer, be sure to leave a comment and a star rating. I love to hear from you guys and would greatly appreciate any feedback or variations you have for this recipe! Thank you!Print
Chili Lime Air Fryer Salmon
Let's learn how to make delicious chili lime salmon in the air fryer! This air fryer salmon recipe is hands down one of my favorite ways to have a healthy dinner in less than 15 minutes!
Chili Lime Seasoning
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp paprkia
- Zest from ½ a lime
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
For the Salmon & Asparagus
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 salmon filets
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- In a small bowl, stir together the dry rub seasoning ingredients.
- Pat the salmon dry with paper towels. Cover the salmon with the chili lime seasoning.
- To the air fryer basket, lay the seasoned salmon next to the asparagus in a single later.
- Drizzle both salmon and asparagus with olive oil. Sprinkle the asparagus with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the air fryer for about 10 minutes or until the salmon is around 140F.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer salmon, chili lime salmon, whole30 air fryer recipes
LOVED this recipe! Such a flavorful yet flaky salmon and a side all in the air fryer. This is going on my weekly meal plan for sure!