This recipe for an Actually Tasty Tropical Green Smoothie that doesn't taste "green" is going to be your new favorite! Add in your favorite collagen, protein powder, or a number of nutrient dense energy boosters to this green smoothie. It's extremely versatile and we have been making it since 2014!
Seriously the MOST Delicious Green Smoothie Recipe
Welcome to the tropics, where the sun shines brighter, and the smoothies are greener. That's right; we're talking about Tropical Green Smoothies - a refreshing blend of fruits and veggies that will make your taste buds dance with joy. If you're looking for a healthy drink that doesn't compromise on flavor, then this is the article for you! So grab your straw and let's dive into the world of Tropical Green Smoothies!
Honestly, it's making me crave going back to the Caribbean. *Sighs inwardly* Then remembers that I need to write THAT travel post too! But incase you missed these and need to satisfy some wanderlust - You're welcome. Here is our Venice trip, our trip to the Silos, and to Charleston!
Will it ever stop raining??? It's literally been a down pour since Monday! I'm so worried about my poor little sprouts outside! I went out this morning to discover that our garden box ( which doesn't have a bottom) was flooded all around my romaine! So I dug a hole and created a "drain" . Ill be so upset if they don't make it!
Who else is trying their hand at gardening this year??? 🙋🏻♀️🌱💚
Why You Are Going To LOVE This Tropical Green Smoothie Recipe
✔️ Great Way to Get Your Greens In - drink your leafy greens instead of eating them! And NOT taste it!
✔️ Gets things MOVING - There is a lot of fiber which means a boost for your digestive system
✔️ Make Ahead! - You can easily make these smoothies ahead by throwing all the ingredients (minus the liquid) into a freezer-safe baggie then blending with your liquid of choice (coconut water, water, nut milk, juice, etc)
What You Will Need
This is my go-to smoothie! It's easy and simple to make and a way to get more spinach in your system! It's also kid friendly as you can't taste the spinach!
- frozen pineapple chunks - this amazing tropical frozen fruit adds extra Vitamin C and a natural immunity boost!
- frozen banana in slices - for that natural creamy sweetness
- handfuls of fresh spinach - full of antioxidants and GREAT for the brain!
- lime juice - just a spritz of brightness
- coconut water - HELLO natural electrolytes!
- chia seeds - extra fiber and protein
- unsweetened coconut shreds - extra fiber and a taste booster!
- Protein Powder - I use a really clean protein powder currently. Meaning full of ingredients I can pronounce! The vanilla is my FAVORITE!
- Collagen - if you use the protein powder above in the link (collagen is already in there!) but use your favorite collagen here for extra joint health and skin-glow for DAYS.
- Flax Seeds - for extra healthy fat and protein
- Kale - if this dark leafy green is more of your thing, then simple swap or mix in with the spinach!
- Ginger - fresh ginger is such a BOP in a smoothie. I love adding a small piece for a little zing and it adds a lot of anti-inflammatory benefits as well as it's great on a sensitive stomach.
- Peanut Butter - To make this a true meal replacement smoothie, I add 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter plus protein and it's SO GOOD & FILLING.
Tropical Green Smoothie Variations
I HATE BANANAS!!!! - no biggie! Simply replace the banana with ¼ of an avocado with 1 date to substitute sweetness. Or use ½ cup of frozen mango to achieve a similar level of creaminess
Not a fan of coconut water? - Again, NO BIGGIE! Use 1:1 replacement of regular water, orange juice, almond milk, coconut milk, regular milk,etc. You're the boss applesauce!
Do you make a smoothie daily or regularly? Send me your favorite combos!
How To Make This Tropical Green Smoothie
First, gather all of your ingredients
Dump into the blender. Blend on high until nice and smooth.
Made this recipe and loved it??? I would so appreciate a star review in the comment section below! Any variations or feedback? I would LOVE to hear it! This helps me update this recipe! THANK YOU!
Other Recipes You Might Love
- 5 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 2 Minute Creamy Raspberry Smoothie
- Smoked Pineapple Margaritas
- Spicy Ginger Margarita
- The Ultimate Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwich
An Actually Tasty Tropical Green Smoothie
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
Get your daily dose of vitamins and vacation vibes with our scrumptious Tropical Green Smoothie - it's like a trip to the tropics without leaving your kitchen!
- 1.5 cups of coconut water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of frozen pineapple
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbs unsweetened shredded coconut
- Put everything into the blender and blend on high.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Smoothies
- Method: Blender
Keywords: Healthy Green Smoothies, tropical green smoothie, green smoothie recipe
Leave a Reply