The ultimate Trader Joe's Valentine's Charcuterie Board for date night IN is here! This date night cheese board is a great way to make that certain someone feel special with fresh fruit, favorite cheeses, and some sweet treats sprinkled in to make a beautiful board! Perfect sized cheese board for two!
A Date Night Charcuterie Board for TWO. Full of our favorites. Spiced nuts, Chocolate Covered Cherries, Strawberries, Chocolate hummus, assorted veggies, olives, and of course a glass of wine, candle light, and George Michael serenading us on date night.
And now that Careless Whisper is stuck in your head... Let's continue.
Even though Jake and I have been married now for 10 years it’s SO important that we have a weekly date night.
No work talk
A glass of something to relax
A charcuterie while dinner cooks (or delivered)
Charcuterie boards are simply an excuse to make snacking fancy AF.
How to build your Valentine's Day Charcuterie Board:
✔️ Start with your savory meats, hard cheeses, and soft cheese.
✔️ Fill in the empty spaces with small bowls of spreads, hummus, or olives.
✔️ Finish it off with adding dried fruits, chocolate-covered strawberries. nuts, veggies, and crackers.
But for DATE NIGHT, add more. Tailor it to your significant other’s tastes.
Make it a MOOD.
Fire in the fireplace
Glass of wine or bourbon on the rocks for Jake 😉
Usually on date night IN (which is most date nights these days) I have broccoli roasting in the air fryer and a steak smoking on the Traeger. This way it’s hands off kind of dinner so we can just enjoy the charcuterie and talk and sip our drinks.
DATE NIGHT IN IDEAS:
Just because we’re still locked down and stuck at home doesn’t mean we can’t have a nice date night!!!Jake and I have become very creative this past year for date nights and special occasions and here are a few we love to do:
- Valentine's Day Charcuterie Board for Two with Battle ship: After our charcuterie board we love to bust out an old board game and (I can destroy) I mean have fun playing Battleship with him! It’s something we both look forward to plus it’s budget friendly!
- COVID THEATER - a new favorite. We set up our room above the garage as our “movie theater” . Cover the windows, add lots of throw pillows and blankets, plus the popcorn and you have a different kind of movie theater! We love buying or renting a new movie that we both haven't seen before! (Just like the real thing! - but without the sticky floors)
- HIKING! Get outdoors and explore a new trail together! Bring your own packed picnic to enjoy with a nice view!
- DRIVE INs - for our birthdays this past year we found drive in movies to go to. It’s a nice way to watch a movie without leaving your car!
- COOK TOGETHER - it’s so much fun to pick a recipe we’ve never tried before and make it together. Put on a fun playlist and invite the dog to dance too while you wait for dinner to be done!
- OUTDOOR COFFEE DATE - Jake and I LOVE coffee (as you are aware) and one of our favorite things to do every Saturday/Sunday morning is to go sit in our yard with a latte.
- COUPLES PHOTOSHOOT - Sounds incredibly cheesy but its so fun! We set up a tripod with an iphone holder attachment and with the Apple Watch we can remotely take pictures from a distance!
I hope these fun date ideas help you all out! <3
Valentine's Day Menu IdeasPrint
Valentine's Day Date Night Charcuterie Board for Two
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Cured Meats
- 2-3 types of cheese
- Nuts ( i used thes spicy chocolate pecans from Trader Joes' here)
- Fruit (I used strawberries)
- Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Chocolate Hummus
- Your favorite veggies (I love sliced persian cucumbers)
- Something salty (I used plantain chips- but you can use pretzels,olives, crackers,etc)
Start with your sliced meats and cheeses
Fill in the big gaps with bowls of spreads, hummus, or olives
Finish it off with adding dried fruits, nuts, veggies,and crackers.
Make it your own! Switch it up! Whatever YOU enjoy goes here!
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: charcuterie, valentine's day, clean eating
Ashley Luchtenberg says
CHOCOLATE HUMMUS?!?!?!?!? How did I miss that this was a thing?? Also I love the variety of things you included on your charcuterie board!
IT'S AMAZING. Tastes like brownie batter without any guilt. Thanks Ashley! <3